Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Cause and Effect

Carved

I grew up with the early teachings of my parents. They told me that I would upset the Lord if I did many naughty things. My parents taught me that I should not do unto others what I don’t want others to do unto me. I grew up with the Ten Commandments embedded on the back of my eyelids. So right now, I try my best not to do unnecessary evil deeds. Every lie uttered back then had me cowering under my bed sheets for my parents had said that Jesus knew and saw every little thing we do. Even during elementary, I was told that Filipinos were always polite, meek and hospitable. So I tried my best to be polite during my pre-high school years. But when I entered high school, I was a bit shocked to hear my seniors cussing and yelling. However, the shock was not enough to distort the commandments etched on my mind.

I do admit, though, that I commit a series of mistakes. Real stupid ones, too… (don’t ask). I am aware that I have unsettled God a bunch of times and I know He is just barely containing Himself from throwing a lightning bolt upon me. But it is what makes me human. “To err is human” is what one quote says. But I always make it a point to try my best not commit the same mistakes over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment